Pom Pom Kerchief Tutorial
Materials I used to make this kerchief:
- kerchief templates (to download them please go to the bottom of page 2)
- woven fabric (I used Riley Blake’s gingham)
- sewing machine
- bias tape maker (optional)
- straight pins
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter
- pom pom trim
Bias tape can be purchased already packaged at craft and fabric stores or online in different colors and different widths. For this pom pom kerchief tutorial I made it myself. See my previous post of how to make your own bias tape. The size to cut the ties is included in the templates.
Let’s get started
Step 1: Fold your fabric over and place the template onto the fold of the fabric. Print direction/grain needs to point down and should be aligned with the triangle tip.
Step 2: Cut out two triangles
Step 5: Fold tie in half lengthwise and press.
Step 7: Place both triangle pieces with right sides together and pin, then sew both sides. Leave the top edges open.
Step 8: Trim off the tip
Step 9: Turn the fabric with right sides out and press.
Step 10: Trim off both corners that exceed the top edge.
To continue with the tutorial please click on page 2 below!
- Free Welcome To Our Farm SVG File - July 17, 2021
- Professional Overthinker SVG File – Download Today! - July 8, 2021
- Free Wine Lover SVG Files – Download NOW! - July 7, 2021