Here is a super inexpensive project for Halloween! DIY Halloween luminary with bats! You won’t believe how fast this glass jar project comes together. Watch the video!
Make a fun DIY Halloween luminary with bats
Click the arrow in the video image below!
For this quick DIY Halloween luminary you need:
- spray paint for glass
- empty glass jar (I used a spaghetti sauce jar)
- bat foam stickers
- cardboard box
- tea light or votive
- optional ribbon
Instructions to make this Halloween luminary jar:
- I am using Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover spray paint in black (I love this spray paint and use it a lot!). I am showing you a full jar of spaghetti sauce but of course I emptied it first and washed it before starting this project ;). And I am using some of my kids’ Halloween foam stickers in bat shape. Not shown is my orange Halloween spider web ribbon and a votive.
2. I applied the bat foam stickers to the outside of the empty glass jar.
3. Then I went outside with a cardboard box, my bat sticker loaded glass jar and my spray paint. In short spurts I spray painted the outside of the jar. To turn the jar around I stuck my fingers into the jar so I wouldn’t get paint on my hands.
4. I let the jar dry outside for about an hour (in the shade). Then I peeled off the bat stickers.
5. I tied a pretty ribbon around the top rim and inserted my votive.
6. I lit the votive and admired my finished DIY Halloween luminary!
Ready to make one too? Subscribe for more DIY inspiration! The subscription box is on the right side —>!