Enjoy winter with adorable clothing for your kids! This free snowflake applique shirt DIY is perfect for showing how much she loves winter. The 4.5″ snowflake applique is made from knit fabric and so soft against the knit shirt. Both are free patterns.
For this free snowflake appliqué shirt DIY I am using the shirt of my free knit pajama sewing pattern’s (no.11) and recycled sleeves which were already hemmed so I omitted adding sleeve bands. This makes this project so easy!
Snowflake Appliqué Shirt DIY Tutorial
⇓ – – – – – PIN THIS – – – – – ⇓
Gather Your Supplies
- knit fabric used: light pink & hot pink interlock from Hancock Fabrics, red/pink dotted fabric from the Euro Girls Boutique and sleeves from an adult old t-shirt.
- snowflake template —->download here!
- sewing machine
- straight pins
- iron on adhesive (strong hold)
Follow this tutorial:
- Print out the quarter snowflake template.
- Fold paper twice so that the quarter snowflake only shows.
- Carefully cut template out.
- Unfold the template. Now follow the steps in my applique’ tutorial and come back here once you are done.
- After you have ironed the snowflake on, stitch around the edges using a straight stitch. This procedure will take about 20-30 minutes.
- All done!
I love how this shirt turned out! It is going right into my daughter’s closet. She loves when mommy makes her stuff! 😉
If you like this free snowflake appliqué shirt DIY, then hop onto the mailing list. You can choose what interests you! Then hop on the list by entering your email below! We promise, we only send you 1-2 emails per week!