If you are creative and want to make some extra money, then becoming an affiliate for various craft businesses is a great way! Learn more about how crafty people make money through affiliate programs. Here is a in depth post of some of the greatest affiliate networks and crafty websites.
How to work as an affiliate
You don’t need a blog or website to bring traffic to online businesses and earn a commission when someone purchases. You can share great deals on social media as well!
*This post contains links to affiliates. Please see full disclosure here.
To share on social media you want to have read the advertising requirements first so you won’t be violating against their rules. For example Facebook needs you to clearly state that your post contains a link to an affiliate. Stating this is as simple as adding a hashtag and the abbreviation of “affiliate” into the post like this —> #aff or you can type this (aff) which is my preferred way to show my readers that the link leads to an affiliate from me.
How to join an affiliate network for crafty products
ShareAsale: it’s an affiliate marketing network for not only crafty products. They offer a wide variety of businesses that seek people like you to help sell their merchandise. You can find websites for home & garden products, fashion, business and more. ShareAsale has been in business since 16 and homes thousands of affiliates.
This is so easy, you can simply apply to them and once they approve you, you will receive your login information where you can get creatives (advertising banners) and links. You will have your own unique affiliate code that needs to be included in the specific URL that you would be sharing. Click this banner to learn more:
Creative companies under ShareAsale:
- CreativeLive: a website that offers instructional videos for topics around crafting, photography, business and more. They offer 20% for new customer referrals and 10% for repeat customers. And because they also offer a wide variety of free classes, you would get $1 for referring people to sign up to their email list! Further, you can even make $10 if you refer a new affiliate to them!
- CreativeBug: a website that offers over 700 art & craft classes, such as knitting, crochet, arts and design, paper, sewing, quilting, jewelry, kids projects, food & home and holiday & party. Their Sale Commission is $3.75, Lead Commission $3.75 and their tracking cookie lasts for 30 days. Their biggest perk is the trial period with one free class to keep. Their monthly subscription is only $4.95. It’s a great affiliate program to be part of.
- Bluprint: mainly known for professional instructional videos to learn sewing, crocheting, knitting, cross stitching, painting, cooking so much more. Besides videos, Craftsy also offers a marketplace for people to sell their downloadable craft patterns at. Lastly, you can purchase fabric, supplies and kits on Craftsy.
- Create For Less: is a great source for craft supplies for sewing & quilting, scrapbooking, beading, crochet & knitting and kids crafts. The commission you would get is 10% of each sale and their cookie length is 45 days.
- Fairfield World: best known for their wide selection of fiberfill or stuffing, batting, filling, foam, pillows. They also offer their fun Oly-Fun™ metallic and colorful craft material. They pay 10% commission and have a 30 day cookie length.
- Connecting Threads: they have a nice selection of fabric, kits, precuts, books, quilt patterns, tools, batting, furniture, thread and more. I love their fabric prints, those are their own designs and a yard is as low as $2.97! Their commission is also 10% and their tracking cookie length is 15 days.
- AccuQuilt: they are well known for their fabric cutters used for quilting. They also offer supplies to go with them such as cutting dies, accessories, patterns and embroidery designs. You can even get free patterns! Their commission is 8% and their cookie length is 90 days!!
- Leisure Arts: their categories include yarn, crochet & knitting, coloring pages and books, quilting, plastic canvas, cross stitch, kids & holiday crafts. Free patterns are also available at their website. You could earn 10% commission with a 60 day cookie length.
- blitsy: offers crafting supplies from any category such as paper crafts, planners, art supplies, sewing & quilting and knitting & crochet. The great thing about them is their free shipping offer for orders of $29.99+ to the contiguous US. Blitsy always has some amazing sales going on! Their commission for you is 10% with a 30 days cookie length.
- Consumer Crafts: they offer crafters a large variety of supplies for up to 40% less than retail. With their over 13.000 items for arts & crafts supplies, jewelry making items and home décor and more, Consumer Crafts is a great website to promote! Their commission is 8% with a 14-day cookie. Plus you get $5.00 for referring anyone to join their affiliate program and who gets approved.
- Green Kid Crafts: is an award winning, earth friendly monthly craft subscription service for kids that sparks creativity and cultivates respect and love for the environment. Each month, kids all over the US receive boxes filled with fun projects that challenge creativity, develop new skills, and extend into creative play. In addition to our subscription service, we also sell a wide range of Creativity Kits and Discovery Boxes that are perfect for gift giving or just keeping on hand for anytime fun. You would get $20 for one-time commission on all monthly and subscription sales and a 60 day cookie.
- Scrapbook.com: this heavenly site for scrapbook supplies is what any scrapbooker’s heart desires! Earn a 10% commissions with a 30 day cookie.
- therm-o-web: is all about adhesives, interfacings and so much more! Find craft and scrapbook supplies as well as supplies for sewing & quilting. With a whopping 20% commission and an even better 90 day cookie, this company is a great business to promote!
- Cricut: this popular personal electronic cutting machine cuts vinyl, paper, fabric & more. The possibilities are endless! Earn 12% base commission and 15% on orders $100+ and enjoy a 45 day cookie length.
- Chameleon Pens: this company makes pens that change colors. Create stunning 3D effects, smooth transitions, highlighting, shading, gradations and blending, all with one pen! TIP: they are a super hot item for Christmas! Get 10% commission with a 90 day cookie!
Another affiliate network I use and can highly recommend is Affiliate Window. With over 75000 businesses, Affiliate Window is a well known affiliate marketing network company. They also offer their own affiliate program which means you can promote them as well! Click this banner to learn more:
Creative companies under Affiliate Window:
- Etsy: I’m sure you know Etsy! A marketplace with e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. Founded in 2005, Etsy is in my opinion the leading marketplace for handmade goods. I sell my PDF patterns through Etsy since 2008. Their commission is 4% (which you may think is not much but since Etsy is a very well known marketplace where many crafters shop, these 4% will turn into a nice payout!). Cookie length is 30 days.
Kiwi Crate: they are on their own and don’t market their affiliate program through anyone. If you love craft kits then this is the website for you! Kiwi Crate offers age specific craft kits they call ‘crates’. In their own words they are all about to inspire kids to see themselves as scientists, artists, creators, and makers. Their crates arrive complete with materials and instructions. Your commission would be 15% commission for shop orders, $20 for renewing (Join) & $10 for non-renewing (Gift) subscription orders. Cookie length is 30 days.
Amazon: You can literally get every imaginable craft supply from Amazon! Although Amazon may not be as great as far as commission with mere 4% (this increases if you sell more during a specific amount of time!) but just getting people to click on your Amazon affiliate links, may increase the number of sales. How is that? Because Amazon has so many other products to buy, your “clicker” might not purchase the item you are referring them to but maybe purchase other products. You would get a commission on those as well! Ready to join their associates program?
Let’s talk about cookie length real quick.
- Cookie length is the time a visitor who enters through your link, has to make a purchase which counts for you!
- Within that time frame, the customer can purchase anything they want, not necessarily the item they clicked on from your site or through your link and you get the commission.
- Your cookie length will be interrupted if the customer clicks on another affiliate link, then they get the commission instead.
- Free Welcome To Our Farm SVG File - July 17, 2021
- Professional Overthinker SVG File – Download Today! - July 8, 2021
- Free Wine Lover SVG Files – Download NOW! - July 7, 2021
Leave a Reply