Keep your kids busy during cool fall days with fingerprint art. Fingerprinting is a great activity for very young children up to adults even! I have rounded up some easy to do fall fingerprint art projects for kids.
Fall Fingerprint Art Projects for kids
Fingerprinting is art that involves paint, paper and imagination. Especially young children love to get “dirty” with paint on their little hands. With fingerprinting, kids can start creating their first art work for their parents and caregivers to cherish. See some cute fingerprinting ideas especially for fall.
*This post contains links to affiliates. Please see full disclosure here.
- Cute turkey by The Charmed Mom
- Corn-on-a-cob by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Apple fingerprint DIY by tinyartroom
- Turkey thank you card by DecoArt Blog
- Thanksgiving décor and/or card by the Idea Room
- Fingerprint animals & things by Teaching Ideas.
Supplies you need to do fingerprint art
Fingerprinting does not require a lot of supplies, luckily. I have selected a few products for you to look at so you and your kids can get started on some pretty fall artwork! The following supplies are meant for fingerprinting on paper.
To start out with fingerprinting art you really only need the basics like an ink pad (art set), a smock to protect their clothes and paper for painting. You can of course use regular paper as well but the recommended paper is so much better in quality so your fall fingerprint art projects will last a long time. Let’s see them below! By clicking on them you will be shown your shopping cart on the right sidebar for your convenience!
NPW Finger Printing Art Set, Classic – Great beginners kit! For 3 years & up. It includes 3 colored ink pads (yellow, green and red), 10 rubber stamps to add faces and features and 10 coloring pencils (medium pink, orange, red brown, true green, purple,red, lime green, yellow, sky blue and black). Right now it is still available for $10.10.Crayola Art Smock-This art smock is simple but great to have to protect the kids clothing. For 3 years & up and it’s asy to clean and it’s reusable. Made out of 100% polyester so it’s waterproof. The price is awesome and for merely around $3.00 a really great value. Bestseller with high ratings.Strathmore STR-27-209 25 Sheet Kids Paint Pad, 9 inch by 12 inch textured paper. This paper is perfect for lasting artwork. It’s much sturdier than regular paper and it won’t tear or soak through that fast. Also great for other types of painting and coloring. This paper is manufactured in the USA and has almost all great reviews.
So, now that you know what supplies you need to get started, you might be wondering what impact fingerprinting or finger painting has on a young child. I am always curious as to what is in it health wise. I mean, you read so much about health benefits for kids these days. I dug a little deeper. Check it out below!
Health benefits of fingerpainting
- Did you know that fingerprinting or finger painting in general has health benefits for kids? According to KidsLearningHQ it increases brain development during early childhood and it improves fine motor development.
- Fingerprinting is not only fun but also helps with social behavior as they learn to share the paint with others.
Convincing points to try fingerprinting
So, maybe you are not sure if you want to put up with the “mess” of fingerprinting but there are some really convincing points to try it!
- Great starting paint project for young kids as it does not involve many supplies.
- Kids love to keep busy and fingerprinting is a great activity that can be done pretty much anywhere.
- It is a fun start into making lasting memories with your kids by creating artwork to keep.
If this post has inspired you to do more DIY’S, please visit my other ideas! Click here —-> DIY’S!